Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Saint Paul Preschool is a ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church. The preschool was established in 1961, and is licensed by the state of Texas. Our teachers and teaching assistants provide a positive atmosphere for a young child’s first school experiences. Our goal is to help children develop Christian values, social skills, literacy, math, science, and social studies concepts, and school readiness.
- 9:00 Arrive and greet one another
- 9:05 Small Group Lessons and Activities at Tables
- 9:30 Free Play in Classroom Centers
- 9:45 Clean up / Calendar / Weather / Pledge to the Flag
- 10:00 Large Motor Play on Playground or in Gym
- 10:30 Snacktime
- 11:00 Storytime / Large Group Lessons
- 11:30 Music or Chapel
- 11:50 Get Ready to Go Home or to CDO
Saint Paul Preschool does not use any one commercially produced curriculum. We have developed our own set of units for each age group.
These units are correlated to the Toddler and Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines published by TEA. By creating our own units, we are able to tailor our teaching to the current class make-up and developmental level. Lesson and activity ideas come from a variety of sources. The preschool owns a large collection of teaching materials from manipulatives to puzzles to books, which the teachers are able to use. Progress reports are provided to the parents twice a year.
A weekly chapel lesson consists of age-appropriate Bible stories, songs, and prayer. The stories presented are of Old Testament heroes and Jesus and his friends. The children will pray before snack time, and at the end of the day. Each month, a Bible memory verse will be introduced. The classes review the verse daily, and by the end of the month the children have learned it.
PRESCHOOL-WIDE UNITS AND SPECIAL DAYS
There are certain units of study that the entire preschool goes through together, and these units culminate in an end of the week special day.
- Cowboy Day, at the end of Texas Week
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Luau at the end of Hawaii Week
- Pajama Day
- The Trike-a- Thon which benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- A Fiesta at the end of Mexico Week
- End-of- school Picnic at the Park
Saint Paul Preschool is open Monday through Friday, and we follow the Amarillo ISD calendar. Days attended depend upon the age of the child:
TUITION AND FEES
Registration Fee – all children: $100
Supply Fee – all children: $ 60
The registration fee plus the first half of the supply fee are due at the time of enrollment. The second half of the supply fee is due in January.
- Threes’ classes – Tu &Th or Wed & Fri $120 per month
- Fours’ class – Tu & Th $120 per month
- Fours’ class – Mon, Wed & Fri $155 per month
- Pre-K class – Tues through Fri $180 per month
There is a 10% discount for multiple children, to be applied to the tuition for the second child only.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our Saint Paul Preschool!
For more information, please contact Ms. Amy Dyer, Director